img source: www.wired.co.uk
This is something we should all read at least once a week. Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland -Ohio .
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote few lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I’ve ever written.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
4. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
5. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
6. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
7. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
8. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
9. Take a deep breath every now and then. It calms the mind.
10. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
11. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
12. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
13. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
14. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy clothes. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
17. Always choose life.
18. Forgive others and yourself.
19. What other people think of you is none of your business.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
21. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
22. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
23. Believe in miracles.
24. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
25. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
26. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
27. Your children get only one childhood.
28. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
29. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
30. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
31. The best is yet to come…
32. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
33. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.